Making Oxygen(first attempt)


OK so I decided to make a simple apparatus for making oxygen from electrolysis. I also made hydrogen during this experiment, but I didn’t collect it. The bothering thing was that it took 8 hours(!!!) to fill just a quarter of my small collecting “tank” ( which is a jar btw…).

Secondery products, in smaller quantities, were chlorine gas and , I think, Na that combined with water resulting NaOH. I’m not pretty sure about this though. I plan redoing this next week when I’ll make the anode( the electrode where the oxygen is producing) better- I’ll increase its surface.

But until then whatch the video :P. You’ll see at the final of the video what cool effect has oxygen over super heated wood.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s